Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My response to McAfee about Clipmarks

As most of you now know, McAfee has recently been advising people to use Clipmarks with 'extreme caution'.

I wanted to share my response here. More positive reviews from our users would help tremendously.

To post a review, you need to first registrater here http://bit.ly/7moCYE. I am very sorry to ask this of you.
clipped from www.siteadvisor.com

Dear McAfee,



I'm Eric Goldstein, a member of the Clipmarks team. What i can say as a matter of fact is that some of the negative reviews below are complete lies. We have never served a pop-up ad... never! So anyone claiming they received pop-ups is lying. And the people who are saying there is malware on Clipmarks are referring to a tiny handful of clips posted by spammers that we immediately removed. We vigilantly monitor Clipmarks for suspicious, spammy posts by users and do our best to remove the posts and users immediately.


To have Clipmarks on this list is very harmful to our business . I can only hope that someone at McAfee will look into this asap and remove us from this "Extreme Caution" list.

 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment